Monday, January 16, 2012

The Big Question: Abstract

When asked what their objective in life is, most people would organize their ideas around the desire to be happy. Happiness, being such a broad term, often has many various meanings to people with different values. I intend to touch on the real meaning of the word happiness; is it something that can be obtained overtime, or is it within all along? Digging deeper into the roots of this heavy question will help me produce an answer that is satisfying. My goal is to find out what really makes people happy, whether that is emotion based, or tangible items. I will organize this study by questioning a group of people about what brings happiness to them. This is how I can uncover what makes people content. I will also conduct an experiment where I ask people that question while they are experiencing a form of stress, to see if it affects their answer.

Please leave any helpful comments or criticisms.
Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I really like how you talk about how your going to conduct experiments, it makes it clear that the paper will be what you observe not what your personal opinion is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this topic. Ususally I thought of happiness as a simple thing but this made me rethink. Is happiness is a goal you have to work a long time for...or is it simple like getting a new toy? I honeslty think it depends on the person..some people are content with the simple things in life and others just are not. Im excited to see what you find. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete