Thursday, February 16, 2012

Micro-AP part I (Essay)


  • What was easy/expected?
  • What was difficult/unexpected?
  • What did you learn about the AP questions?
  • What did you learn about your own performance under pressure?
  • How will this experience influence your preparation for the actual exam?

I had an idea of what we were going to be writing about. The two novels were obvious, and I felt confident that with that knowledge, as well as other novels fresh in my mind, I would have a good chance.

I did not know that the essay part was going to be first. I thought the multiple choice was coming first so I was preparing for that, not an essay. Thinking of examples on the spot like that was also difficult, but I definitely think it better prepared me for the real exam. 

I learned that the questions are made to look tricky, but if I try to eliminate at least one answer I can better assess what my other options are. I also learned that I need to not stress so much, and be confident in myself. 

I feel like I perform my best under pressure. The whole time-limit thing doesn't scare me, instead it motivates me to get it done. I usually finish before the time limit is up anyways, so it gives me time to check my answers/ review my essay. 

This experience was very motivating to me. I like that we are doing more activities geared to the AP test now. I am feeling more prepared and with that I am building my confidence. I want to continue to study hard and receive the results I want for myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment