Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Socratic Seminar

1.
Q: Are brands more powerful than governments?
- Names of countries are brands themselves
- Some brands are governments
- the way they power relations in the world and how they are structured

Q88: what does the future you want look like?
- To encourage more creativity and NOT to teach so much to the test!

The video with the people asking the questions reminded me of a socratic seminar

Q: why are other countries less developed than ours?
- possible not the right resources?

The Need for Play

- structure vs. free play
 - playing in a sandbox with many freedoms or being stuck in a small place with few resources? Who is more likely to succeed..

1a.
This will help me greatly when grades no longer matter. For example, some things especially from this class will help me later in life. Being able to reference to a poem I memorized in this class may be the one thing that separates me from someone else and make me stand out amongst others. When there is not longer a carrot and stick effect (getting that A) people are going to need to self motivate to get what they want in life.

1b.
These concepts will help build on my learning skills especially for the AP test. I have to remix everything I learn and put it into words that have meaning to my everyday life, including the AP test which I will eventually be taking. I have learned to take information and develop it and manipulate it in such a way that it will stick in my brain until I need to dig it back out again. These skills we are learning in this class will take us a long way, above and beyond the testing world..

1c.
I think we have already got a good start on collaborating with these concepts starting with our socratic seminar. We each have our own ideas that we remix again and again to try and imprint on others our personal way of thinking. I am inspired to share this information with others via internet to help them expand their learning abilities and explore ideas of thinking they otherwise would not have the opportunity to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment